Aliyyah Johnson, MFT
Hello! My name is Aliyyah Johnson, MFT (she/her). I am a Sex and Relationship Therapist. I work with individuals and couples to help them reach a greater sense of peace, fulfillment, intimacy, and pleasure. You are the expert on your own life; therefore, I value your autonomy in co-creating a safe, healing space to make lasting change.
As a queer Black woman, I utilize an intersectional lens in my clinical work. We will explore how the different intersections of your identity interact with your internal strengths, family/relationship histories, and experiences of power and oppression. We will reflect on how these factors influence how you walk in the world and show up in your relationships.
I offer a nonjudgmental space to explore a variety of topics. Some of my areas of expertise are:
- Sexual desire discrepancies
- Conflict/communication challenges
- Repairing trust and working through infidelity or jealousy
- Sexual shame
- Exploring gender identity and sexuality
- Interracial relationships
- Racial identity development
- Coping with systemic oppression
- Struggles with experiencing and expressing emotion
- Exploring creative means of expression (ex. writing, art, music)
- Kink and BDSM
- Poly/CNM relationships
These areas can feel vulnerable and challenging to speak about, but you don’t have to do it alone. I am committed to working at a pace that feels safe and right for you and would be honored to be a part of your and your partner(s) journey.