Allie (she/her/hers) is an individual and couples therapist that strives to provide a healing environment characterized by collaboration, non-judgement, and honest emotional expression. Building trust with your therapist is crucial to positive change, which is why Allie centers her clients’ experiences, interests, and goals in their work. Through a systemic lens, Allie works to understand all of her clients’ many identities and the way these intersect to shape how we experience the world. She seeks to provide an affirming practice that welcomes LGBTQIA+ and polyamorous/non-monogamous individuals, couples, and systems. Allie’s flexible and transparent approach to therapy balances the exploration of our vulnerability and emotional discomfort with the healing power of humor, joy, and pleasure!
Allie graduated from Thomas Jefferson University with a Master’s in Couples and Family Therapy program and a specialization in Sex Therapy. Treatment modalities that inform her work include but are not limited to: Narrative Therapy, Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Bowen Family Systems Therapy, Gottman Method Couples Therapy, and Psychodynamic Therapy, Emotion-Focused Therapy (EFT).
Areas of interest for individuals and couples:
- Relationship transitions (cohabiting, engagement, pre-marital counseling, etc.)
- Communication & conflict management
- Processing and healing from break-ups/separation/divorce
- Challenges with sexual desire/desire discrepancies
- Sexual dysfunctions/disorders
- Increasing intimacy
- Boundaries with family, friends, and partners
- Understanding family dynamics
- Exploring consensual non-monogamy
- Religious trauma
- Identity and sexuality after childbirth